Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another beautiful day


Lake Arthur at Moraine State Park.

I don't know what these are.  I will look them up.



****


Sophie approves of the homemade yogurt! and so do I.  It was delicious. Much better than what you buy in the store.  I ate it plain with fresh strawberries on top.  No sweetener needed.  No bitter taste.  It was delicious.  I will make it again.

Crockpot Yogurt

Heat 1/2 gallon of milk on low in crockpot for 2 1/2 hours.  
Unplug and let sit covered for 3 hours.
Scoop out 2 cups of milk.  Stir 1/2 cup of yogurt (with active cultures) in the milk.
Return to the crockpot.  Stir.  Cover.  Wrap the crockpot with bath towels.  Let sit overnight for 8 hours.  In the morning you will have delicious yogurt.

Reserve 1/2 cup of the homemade yogurt for the starter yogurt of your next batch.
Yogurt will stay good for 7 - 10 days.

Serve with fresh fruit.

Miniature mums I bought at Trader Joe's Easter day.  
They are still cheery and beautiful

Angel relaxing in the window hammock.  
Doesn't she look comfortable?

No comments: