Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Recycling Sweaters.  A man's X-Large Tommy Hillfiger sweater will soon be a medium hand knit 'fisherman' sweater for me.  Yellow is my favorite color.  Connie found this at the local Goodwill and gave it to me.  Notice the sleeve is missing.  It is being unraveled into the ball of yarn.


It was not a good day for growing bacteria.  I don't know what happened for sure, but I suspect the yogurt did not grow because I used a metal slow cooker and not an actual crockpot.  I ended up with 1/2 gallon of spoiled milk instead of a 1/2 gallon of plain yogurt.  I will try again, but with a different process.  Last time I made yogurt I set the bowl of milk and starter yogurt on top of my stove with the pilot light under it.  I have an electric stove now.  I don't have a crockpot.  Mom does not have a crockpot. One alternative is to make it in the oven with the oven light on for the heat.  My oven light is burned out.  Maybe it is time to invest in a new oven light.  

No comments: