Saturday, April 25, 2009

It is a Most Beautiful Day


I could not have asked for a more beautiful day.  For those not from Western PA, it was sunny and a dry 89 degrees.  My day started by reading Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl at Lake Arthur at Moraine State Park.

 I ate lunch then hiked for 50 minutes. 

Beautiful lavender flower.

Small crick through the park.


Leaves on the trees are just starting to come out.

Trail at the top, ready to start the decent.

  I drove back over to the lake and read for a little while.  I started getting restless, so I drove to Knit One North and visited with Karen.  

I worked out at the gym at work.  Showered.  Spontaneously stopped at Giant Eagle and bought 1/2 pound of scallops to cook up for dinner. And, more milk and starter yogurt to try the yogurt recipe again.  I put a little butter, well actually, a lot of butter in the skillet with diced garlic.  Sauteed for a bit.  Added the scallops.  Cooked slowly until tender.  They were delicious. 

 The sun is still shining brightly in my front rooms.  I am on a natural high it is so beautiful.  I made camping reservations for the near future.  I cannot wait to go camping. I reserved the the site where Molly and I always camped.  It will be sad not to have her there, but it is a premium site.  Secluded.  Across from the water spicket.  

I started another batch of hopeful yogurt.  When I wake in the morning I will find out if it turned into yogurt. I will post the recipe if the yogurt turns out.

Step outside.  It is a beautiful day.

No comments: