Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Day in the Park


The state park that is.  Morraine State Park. 
 Hiking.   See evidence that Spring is here!

This is a little creek running through the park.



It is hard to tell in this picture, but in the low-lying areas the trail was muddy.

These are the only flowers I spotted.  Can you find them?  Small white blossoms.

A view from the top of the hill.

It was an overcast day, but a warm 67 degrees.  I hiked in my shorts and short sleeve t-shirt.  An invigorating hike.  There is a sign for "short trail" and "long trail."  No mileage is posted.  I've hiked the short trail before and know it takes me about 25 minutes.  I've started the long trail before  but always get scared in the middle of the trail where the short trail intersects it.  I don't know how much longer the long trail is.  Because I am tired I turn onto the short trail and finish the hike in 45 minutes.  After I get in better shape, I will do the entire long trail.

No comments: