Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life is Good...

... and getting better.  Mom tells me I am in the prime of my life.  I agree.  Life is the best it ever has been, minus the facts that Molly and dad are gone.

K1N had a 25% off sale on all 100% wool yarn this weekend.  I bought yarn to knit a ______ for mom.  I am so glad I have her to knit for.  She wears things that I would not.  Clothing that I think is pretty, but would never wear.  I am crocheting her a Plaid Noro scarf  with Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn.  Mom, please do not click on the scarf link.   I cannot tell you what the next project will be because I want to surprise her.  So stay posted for pictures.  It is absolutely gorgeous.

I took a nice walk with Doina this afternoon in 60 degree warm sunny weather around Bradford Woods.  My friendship with Doina started as walking buddies.  She is a treasured friend.  Very kind and giving.

I cooked Spinach Fettucini Alfredo with Steamed Broccoli tonight.  A New Years resolution was to cook at least once a week.  I figure I have all year to achieve this goal.  This is a beginning.  Here is the recipe given to me by Gayle from work:

Quick & Easy Alfredo Sauce

1/2 stick of butter (salted)
3-4 gloves of garlic (to taste)
1 pint heavy cream
3/4  cup of parmesan cheese
1 T. flour
1/3 cup cold water
Salt & pepper to taste

Melt butter in medium sauce pan.  
Press the garlic cloves and heat with butter.
On low heat, add cream stirring constantly.
Add cheese, continue to stir.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

In small container add the flour to water and shake until mixed well.
Slowly add small amounts to the sauce, stirring constantly until thickened.
 
I cooked spinach fettucini.  Topped with steamed broccoli and alfredo sauce.

It was easy and tasted delicious.


Today's Quote:

Change always comes bearing gifts.  It is our choice whether or not to accept the gifts.
- Price Pritchett

2 comments:

Nora said...

Gail is a girl after my own heart: real butter, cream & cheese. The only difference is that I use nutmeg, not garlic. And I don't bother with flour/water, etc. Enjoy! I have added shrimp, chicken, brocholi,and asparagus (not all at once) to this recipe. Yum!!!!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

I also bought some wool - Cascade! Lovin' the recipe - keep 'em coming!! :D