Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life is Good ...

when you wake up and hear the birds singing.


What's wrong with this picture?  Molly is missing.  I am thinking about getting another dog.  It is camping and hiking season and I need a buddy.  I am making plans for my first camping trip of the season.  I cannot wait to go.  I may head south where it would be a little warmer.  But I am always hesitant to go to a new and unfamiliar campground. 

I went on my first hike for the year at Morraine State Park.  I hiked the 'short trail' which took me about 30 minutes.  The trail had a few hills which was good for my heart and respiratory system.  I need a hiking buddy.  I looked for sign of greenery, but only found it in the moss on the stumps and the pine trees.


I am knitting the Jared Flood Noro scarf to go with dad's winter coat.  It is knit with Cascade Pastaza yarn: 50% Llama 50%, instead of Noro Silk Garden.  Pastaza is made in Peru.  It is my all-time  favorite yarn to knit with.  Soft yet warm. Just luscious.  I would like to make a sweater out of it.  I'll have to keep an eye out for sweater patterns knit with heavy worsted yarn.

No comments: