Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hoy es casi fin de weekend.

Today is my Friday.  I feel so happy on Thursday nights.  I went to K1N tonight to knit with the Thursday night knitting group.  Vilma and I were the only ones there.  We conversed in Espanol.  and English.  Honestly, mostly in English as my espanol is very limited.  I help Vilma with her knitting and she helps me with my Espanol.

My Noro Plaid scarf is coming along nicely.  My camera is out in the car, so I will need to post a picture at a later time.  Maybe I will finish the scarf this weekend, then back to the yellow cable scarf I go.

I have heard the name Elizabeth Zimmermann for a few years, but only recently have I gotten to know her.  I love her books.  I bought several skeins of Cascade Pastaza in blue and green and plan to make an EZ sweater using the EPS system.  I will log my progress on the blog so you can follow me and the results.  I have high hopes that the sweater will be wearable.

I am very conscious of the dangers of my current eating habits.  Diabetes is preventable, so I am trying to eat a lot healthier and get my weight down.  Slowly old habits get transformed into healthier habits.  More fruit.  My vice is Southern-style sweet tea.  I think I need to cut it out of my diet altogether.  Because once I indulge once I am off and running and indulging every day.  I'll let you know how I do.  Tonight I ate a Morning Star Veggie burger with Avocado.  I won't tell you what else I ate with it because it was not a healthy choice, but I am working on it.  Small change by small change I will get to a big change which will result in me looking and feeling better.

I signed up for the Wellness program at work today.  It is a 13 week all inclusive wellness program which includes a weekly personal trainer and monitoring of nutrition.  A year ago I did this with the goal of improved mood.  This time I am doing it with the goal of adopting much healthier eating habits, along with a moderate exercise program.  I am excited about the program and plan to commit to working out 3 times a week plus doing 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week.  I think I will join the local Y and start swimming--an excellent exercise with minimal impact to the body.


Today's Quote

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching. - Mark Twain

No comments: