Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Quiet American & More

I'm currently reading The Quiet American by Grahame Greene for the Classics Book Group at Barnes & Noble that I facilitate. The book is a fictionalize story within the Vietnam War setting. Reading is one of my favorite things to do in my spare or not so spare time. I enjoy classics, contemporary fiction and mathematics and science literature. I like to broaden my reading material. I am also currently reading the Manga series Saiyuki, loaned to me by a co-worker at Barnes & Noble. This month's Classic Book Group meets Tuesday October 4th. I have a few more days to finish the book and prepare for the book discussion.

Mom and Dad came over today to help me clean my apartment. The three of us worked on my 2 bedroom, bath and a half apartment for 4 hours. That is 12 man hours. The apartment is still not all the way clean, but it sure looks and feels a lot better. Thank you mom and dad.

My aunt and cousin from Illinois are visiting this week. The primary reason the apartment was cleaned today. I have not seen them for about 10 years. I'm looking forward to spending time with them, especially my cousin, who I do not know very well.

I'm knitting another pair of socks. No surprise. They look like Rag Wool socks. I'm using the Railroad Rib pattern. Size 5 needles. I have a pair of tan pants which need a pair of matching socks to be worn with them. I'm eager to finish the pair and wear them.

I think I am safe to say this here. Last Christmas my sister told me she thought she'd get a pair of hand knitted socks from me. I decided the other day, to knit her a pair of socks for Christmas this year. I've picked out the yarn from Lion Brand online. I'll start on them soon so they will be finished by Christmas Eve, the day my family celebrates Christmas together.

1 comment:

Cheryl:) said...

Grahame Greene is an excellent author....