Saturday, October 08, 2005

Did I Mention?


I finished a pair of socks I started two springs ago? The first sock came out too long. AFter completing the second sock I ripped out part of the first sock and reknit the toe to shorten it. I was pleased with how well it turned out. It was easier to pick up all the stitches and get them on the correct needles than I thought it would be. Now the two socks match! I'm still working on the Rag Wool socks--the only open sock project now. Lion Brand put my yarn order in the mail the other day. Soon I will be able to start my sister's Christmas Socks!!! Just the other day she asked what was becoming of her supposed scarve I was knitting. I declined to make any comment. I did not want to give away any secrets. Guess I'll have to knit an accessory scarf for her also. That will be easy. The yarn selection is what makes these types of scarves more so than the pattern. I'll have to visit the new yarn shop in Squirrel Hill.

No comments: