Sunday, February 08, 2009

My life could not be better....

Life is getting very fun and exciting. First for those who may not know, I have a degree in mathematics and thought I wanted to teach high school math. I became very disillusioned when I student taught at an inner-city school in North Carolina. I tutored high school and college math while in college. I love math. A very good friend approached me the other day about tutoring her child in high school algebra. I am so excited! God has just dropped a wonderful gift in my lap.

And, another gift. I've been wanting to learn Spanish for a very long time. I've taken high school and college courses in Spanish. I started studying it on my own by listening to CNN in Spanish, studying from books, reading a Spanish comic strip and practicing flash cards. Then yesterday I met a woman who is eager to help me learn Spanish. She is a native of Columbia, South America. I am so excited!

No comments: