Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Palindrome Reversible cable scarf is knit in Cascade 220 Steeler gold.  Notice the lovely reversibility of this pattern.  This is third Palindrome scarf  I knit this winter.  The first two were gifts for my best friend Pam Logan and my sister Pam Clair.  This one is for myself. The pattern is found on Raverly at Palindrome Scarf.


My Thorpe hat is completed.  Sophie always likes to get in the picture.








I used Misti Baby Alpaca chunky yarn for the main part of the hat and Cascade Pastaza for the edging both from Knit One North.  This hat was absolutely lovely to knit.  It knit up fast and easy.  The yarn is gorgeous.  Very soft on the skin.  Perfect for these cold wintery days.  



I was knitting with the Tuesday afternoon group at K1N when I was working on the edging for the hat.  The pattern called for a row of single crochet but  Connie showed me the Crab stitch or reverse single crochet which finished off the hat perfectly. It was divine timing that she was there when I was ready to edge the hat.  I absolutely love the hat.  I would like to line the hat, but that is coming.


I'm going to have to frog the Lacy Cable cap. I did not do a swatch gauge because I usually am right on gauge.  But the hat is too small.  It will not fit on my head. I learned this lesson the hard way--always do a swatch gauge.  I could either go to a larger needle or add more stitches.  I have not decided which to do so it just sits on my needles... until I take measurements to see how many more stitches I may have to add and how many more rows to add before it will be necessary to start the decrease pattern.  This is the joy knitting.  Getting the project fitted just right.

I am tired of seeing the same socks on my feet, day after day, week after week, month after month and literally year after year, so I decided today to start knitting socks again from my sock stash in order to see a new view on my feet.



I found this pic of Angel from when I went on my trip to Mexico. Since Sophie made it on the blog I thought Angel deserved equal timing.


No comments: