Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Booze & Books

I started a new book group which meets at my home.  We had our first meeting last Sunday.  We discussed The White Tiger, by Adiga.  It did not receive very good rates--just ok.  I liked the book though it was not my all time favorite book.  Our next book selection is Slammerkin. Definition of Slammerkin- 1. loose gown  2.  loose woman.  If you are interested in joining the newly formed book group and are local to this area, please email me.

I had a nice relaxing day of knitting at Knit One North  with Connie while Dawne worked.  Please support your LYS Knit One North in Mars.

I cooked a delicious Broccoli Spinach Fettucini Alfredo meal tonight.  Gayle, my co-worker, gave me the recipe for the sauce.  It was delicious and easy.  Do you want it?  Here goes:

Saute several cloves of garlic in 1/2 stick of butter.  Add 1 pint of heavy cream.  Add 3/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.  Cook slowly while stirring. Salt and pepper to taste.  Steam fresh broccoli.  Boil fresh spinach fettucini noodles 3-4 minutes.  

Delicious!  Easy!

Add 1 bottle of beer to cook. 


No comments: