Monday, July 17, 2006

Job Update


Author J. A. Konrath from Chicago stopped in the store today to sign books. I chatted with him a while and he gave me a free autographed hardcover copy of his new book Rusty Nail. I am eager to read it.


I am 800 pages into the 1,000+ page Gone With The Wind. I am enjoying it. It portrays the south right before the Civil War started, through the Civil War and the post-civil war period. There is a lot of bigotry and prejudice in the novel. It has been criticized for romanticizing the relationship between slave and master. Mitchell is a wonderful storyteller and keeps you turning page after page. It is a great summer read.



The Big News is I have a new full time job I start July 31st. I will be a Mental Health Worker at Glade Run Lutheran Services here in Zelienople. Glade Run has a residential treatment facility for kids in foster care. I plan to keep my Barnes & Noble job as well but cut back on the hours.



2 comments:

Yvonne said...

CONGRATS on the new job! That's just awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!