Monday, July 03, 2006

Life Overview

Saturday I saw a great documentary at The Manor Theater in Squirrel Hill called WordPlay. It was about Will Shortz the New York Times Crossword puzzle editor and the Annual Crossword Puzzle tournament held in Stamford, CT. Afterwords you felt like running out and buying The NYTimes to work the crossword puzzle. Which I did not do, but I did work a few Sudoku puzzles in my Will Shortz's Sudoku book.

My knitting goal is to finish the Branching Out Scarf. Mom will be thrilled. She tells everyone about it. She thinks it is so pretty. I do not think it is a difficult pattern, but sometimes I forget to do a YO and then my stitch count is off and hence the pattern and I have to rip out. I experience a fair amount of anxiety while working on the project because I am afraid I am going to make a mistake. I will be glad when the scarf is done. I will feel a great deal of accomplishment.

I am a little over a third of the way through Gone With The Wind. I am enjoying it. Scarlet and Rhett are two of a kind. Their interactions are entertaining. I'm going to have to put it down for a little while to read my Classic's Book Group book for this month A Separate Peace by John Knowles.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'd love to belong to a Classics Book group. It would give me the push I need to read the books I've always wanted to read but never got around to. I buy them, and then never read them!