Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

I am very much looking forward to 2006 and the good things it will bring.

Below is a little tiddy I stole from Yvonne who stole it from someone else...

1. What new knitting techniques did you learn this year?

I blocked for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised by the results.
I learned to do ssk properly...I used to slip purlwise instead of as if to knit.
I polished my sock knitting skills.


2. Which completed project from the last 12 months are you most proud of?

Socks for my friend Karen. I used self-striping yarn with the Railroad Rib pattern. They turned out very nice. Much nicer than I anticipated.


3. What was your biggest knitting disaster of the last year?

Well, there were two disappointments. One was after knitting three days on a scarf for mom, I decided to rip it all out and make the scarf narrower. I've never ripped that much work out in my life.

The second small "disaster" was my sister's socks could have been a wee bit longer. Her foot is a little longer than mine and I misjudged a little.

4. Who or what has been the biggest influence on your knitting in 2005?

The Cranknitter group has been the biggest influence on my knitting in 2005. I've met so many diverse knitters who are all inspirations in their own ways. Jane inspires me to greatness. Yvonne inspires me to try new things. Nora shows the artistic side of knitting with her beautiful accessories. Connie inspires me to knit forever. Mary Ann inspires me to deviated from patterns and make up my own when I can't find one. Linda lets me know mistakes are Okay. The group as a whole keeps me knitting with regularity and gives me ideas and encouragement to try new things.

5. What knit craze grabbed you this year?

I grabbed onto the sock knitting craze in Jan 2004 and am still on it. I did not grab onto any new craze this year. We will have to wait and see what 2006 brings.

New Year's resolutions:

In 2006 I will knit: an entrelac scarf for a friend at work, a vest for mom and start a sweater for myself. I may also try a felting project...not sure what though. I am not a purse person. Maybe the cute slippers Jane knit for her mom.


I will learn to: splice wool yarn, modify a man's sweater pattern to fit me, do entrelac and a diagonal scarf.

To become a better knitter, I will: Knit something besides socks and scarves. I will stick close to my knitting friends.

So what about you?


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Judy, that was an AWESOME post. Inspired. I am so glad you stole that meme from me. It made me smile. And thanks for including me as one of your inspirations. :-)