Saturday, January 28, 2006

Greetings to my cousins Martha and Karen and their mother Jo

Today I received a letter from my cousin Karen in Illinois. She checks my blog periodically, so I am taking time now to say Hi to her and her sister Martha and their mom, My Aunt Jo.

Today has been a good day. I worked until 4pm then came home and went for a walk with Molly for 30 minutes around town. I've been reading The Giants In The Earth since. I'm taking a break for dinner and to pick up the house a little. Then back to reading I will go.

Oh I almost forgot one thing that made today special. At work I had the privilege to help out with the therapy certified dogs that came to the store today to be read to by children. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me. I want my next dog to be a therapy certified dog. I think it would be very rewarding volunteer activity. Go around with my canine best friend to hospitals, retirement communities, libraries, ...and visit with children and the elderly. Sounds like fun to me. Yvnonne...this event was geared toward elementary children who know how to read to give them someone to read to...I'll let you know when the next one is...you can bring Mathew and Robert. I may find out ahead of time and ask off so I can be there as an observer to take pictures and enjoy the event.

No comments: