Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Small Dose of Heaven


I hiked  Sunken Garden Trail at Moraine State Park.  It was beautiful.  Relatively flat.



Views of Lake Arthur along the trail.












I think I found good shore fishing spots.  I wish Dad was here to take him to them.  Being at Moraine State Park makes me think of Dad because we often went fishing here.  I'd catch the fish and he would filet them.  Good times. 

I passed a couple walking with two small children and a third in a carrier on the man's back.  I thought how wonderful to start the kids out young getting out in nature.  Dad often took me to an undeveloped area in town that we walked around and let the dog run off-leash.  It was good times.  I've always been a nature person.  Not everyone is.  Mom is not.  Dad was.

No comments: