Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The scariest moments of my life


I truly experienced the scariest moments of my life nearly 24 hours ago.  I raised the window in my 100 year old building to move the storm window up and bring the screen down.  I placed my hands down near the ledge to move the storm window up and the the heavy window came slamming down on top of my fingers locking them under the window.  The pain was excruciating.  The fear horrible.  I could not leverage my hands to raise the window.  I finally was able to wiggle my left hand free but my right hand was still locked under the window.  With my left hand I tried to get the window up in order to free my right hand but it would not budge.  I stood silently facing the window thinking: I am going to be stuck here forever.  I cried out to God to help me and i finally managed to get the window up enough to free my right hand.  I immediately laid down to recover.

I went for x-rays and nothing was broken.  Three fingers are bruised.  One nail is black.  One finger throbs.  The other two hurt.  Truly the worst moments of my life.

No comments: