Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day....


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, including mothers of the four-legged variety.  Our pets are living creatures whom we care for like a human mother cares for a human child.  We pour our love and lives into our pets.  We may not be traipsing them to soccer games or piano lessons, but they accompany us on every possible trip in the car.  They help get our lazy butts out the door for a little walk.  They ensure our carpets and furniture get vacuumed on a regular basis.  Our cupboards may be empty, but we always have food in the pantry for our pets, along with their favorite treats.  The only photograph that is framed and up in my home is a professional photograph of Molly.  You all know Molly.  I don't think I will ever be able to bring that photo down off the wall.  Angel and Sophie depend on me for their food and water, a warm, dry place to rest their heads, and a safe environment in which to live. So, to all Moms, I hope you had a great day.  I had a great day with my mother.  I am now at home with my kids.  We don't all sleep in the same bed. Angel likes her space.  Sophie and I sleep together and Angel sleeps in the window hammock by our bed.  I love you Mom.  I love you Sophie and Angel.  I love you Molly and all my deceased pets, including Pebbles.

No comments: