Thursday, December 25, 2008

Another FO

I fell in love with Fair Isle knitting.  This is called the Fake Isle hat.  It is really fair isle with only two strands of yarn.  One strand is the cream, the other is a variegated Noro Silk Garden.  I don't know who the recipient of the hat will be.... maybe me?

I am working on a Steeler hat for my nephew Nathan.  Two years ago he asked me to knit a hat for him.  I hope he still wants one.  I feel guilty that is has taken me 2 years to knit.  Two years to a 11 year old is a lot longer time than two years to a 49 year old. I wanted to knit 4 hats in 10 days for Christmas but I only got this hat knitted.  I still plan to knit 4 hats--one for each of my nephews.  

I have fallen in love with knitting like never before.  It makes me so happy.  I love knitting gifts for my friends and family.  My sister liked her scarf.  It matches her new ski jacket.  I could not have gotten a closer match if I had tried.  I do believe in a power in this universe that makes things like that happen.

Mom is sizing up this hat and seeing what coats she has to match it.  I think she just might be the recipient.

No comments: