Friday, July 13, 2007

I Am a Happy Camper

I went camping from Tuesday through late Thursday night. Molly and I had a wonderful time. I loaded up and set up camp in 90+ degree heat on Tuesday afternoon. Good thing I don't mind the heat. It was so hot I did not even consider having a fire that night. It cooled down overnight, as the weather forecaster on the radio said "A cold front is moving in on Wed." It cooled down quite a bit on Wed. and Thurs. There were a couple of thunderstorms Wed. afternoon but nothing that ruined a camping trip. Thursday was beautiful. Sunny and cool in the shade. I started knitting the satchel pictured below...it was a good color it did not show the dirt it picked up from the dusty campsite and molly's paws. It does contain quite a bit of Molly's fur. I hope my friend is not allergic to dogs. I read the book The Other Boleyn Girl also pictured below. A totally enjoyable read. I read the paper and took walks with Molly around the campground. I ate a little. Nothing fancy like I usually do. I just did not feel like cooking. I woke Thursday morning feeling such a peace and happiness that I kept telling Molly how happy I was. It was remarkable. Nature definitely soothes my soul. I will try to go back as much a possible before winter comes. It does my soul good.

No comments: