Thursday, May 18, 2006

When Life gets Tough Drink a Frapaccino

That's my philosophy on life. I had a pleasant lunch with Knitting buddy Connie today in Oakland at one of my favorite restuarants down there Ali Baba's. Then I went to Starbucks for dessert and journaled.

WHO WON? THE CATS OR THE MOUSE?

The mouse won with my assistance. Sophie was batting the mouse around. The mouse was squealing. I got up, placed a butter dish over the frantic mouse, slid a greeting card under the mouse and the butter dish, took the mouse outside and released him/her. He was a healthy mouse. I hope there were no internal injuries and the mouse is happy and safe now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww! Did Sophie mope about a bit? Whenever I take the cats' playthings away to release them I always get those looks that say, "you always ruin our fun... mean momma."