Monday, September 12, 2005

SP Pittsburgh Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I don't like Red Heart. I've used Lion Brand Wool Ease for socks and was happy with them. I'm not experienced enough to be a yarn snob, yet. I must admit, I did knit a scarf two years ago with Red Heart. Not my favorite.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do not spin, but I do crochet. Or have in the past. I once crocheted a really nice Christmas Tree skirt, with crocheted applique pointsettas. I was very proud of it. I gave it to my mom (1988). But now I have it back.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

No Known allergies. But I am a non-smoker and am sensitive to cigarette smoke.


4. How long have you been knitting?

My mom taught me when I was about 5 years old. I knitted a little in middle school. Some in college. I became an avid knitter two years ago when a male friend started knitting.

5. Do you have an Amazon, Knitpicks or other online wish list?

Not yet. I will make a Knitpicks and Barnes & Noble wish list. Just give me time.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Not into bath products or candles (too dangerous for wandering cats).

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Unfortunately. I love Barnes & Noble Frappaccinos--Vanilla Bean and Tazo Chai my favorites.


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I sew a little--curtains, valances, pillows, hem pants, ...I quilt a little.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like Jazz, Folk music, Bluegrass. My favorite local musican is Brad Yoder.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Blue. No question about it.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Single. Three four-legged children: Molly, 12 year old pug; Rosie, 9 year old gray tabby & Sophie, 8 month old light gray tabby.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Foster children removed from their homes due to abuse and/or neglect.
Thru-Hike the Appalacian Trail.
Run a Marathon.
Maintain my ideal weight.
Get and stay fit & trim.
Own a home
Learn to knit sweaters
Become a master knitter



13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Wool. But that is because I like wearing wool socks. I don't like Fun Fur or Eyelash. I like the looks of ribbon yarn and Homespun, though I've never knitted anything with these yet.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I prefer not to knit with acrylics.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love tube scarves. Socks. To be honest, that's all I've knitted in the last two years: scarves and socks.


17. What are you knitting right now?

I am currently working on three pairs of socks. Two pair for myself and one for a birthday present for a good friend.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

They make me look fat.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

When I knit sock I use bamboo DPNs. Scarves plastic. I used bamboo circulars once and ended up with a nasty sore on my finger. Next time I'll try plastic circular.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yes. I took a sock class two years ago.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Mom taught me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Knitting - 18 months. Crocheting - decades.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

My favorite animals are Molly, Rosie and Sophie. And recently deceased Patches, a calico cat.


25. What is your favorite holiday?

??? New Years Day. Because there are No Party or Family obligations. It symbolizes a fresh start to life. A time to reflect upon my life and look at what I want to change or doing differently. A time to set new goals, or renew old one. It is a Bright Day.


26. Is there anything that you collect?

Blank journals. Author autographed books. Baseball caps. I know I'm forgetting something. Let me think.



27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Check my wishlist at Barnes & Noble. I'll provide how in a future post (as soon I figure it out).

No comments: