Wednesday, September 14, 2005

40 Things about myself

  1. I was born in Peoria, Illinois on October 4, 1959
  2. I raised in a very racist small town outside of Peoria, Ill. (I rarely admit this because I am ashamed to be from that town.) My high school mascots were "Chinks," a boy and girl dressed like people from China. We were the Pekin Chinks.
  3. I graduated from High School in 1977.
  4. I started college at Wheaton College in Chicago.
  5. My junior year I transferred to Bradley University in Peoria to pursue a computer science degree (not offered at Wheaton College at that time).
  6. I graduated from Bradley in 1982.
  7. I earned a second Bachelor Degree in Mathematics in 2003 from North Carolina Central University (A Historically Black College)
  8. I'm single.
  9. No children, except the four-legged variety.
  10. I love to read. (Not trashy or mindless novels)
  11. I love to hike
  12. I love to camp
  13. Nature soothes my soul
  14. I take piano lessons and am a beginner player.
  15. I like Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, soft rock and folk music.
  16. Music soothes my soul
  17. Brad Yoder is my favorite local musican
  18. I am quiet, but enjoy being with people.
  19. I enjoy being alone also
  20. Besides computers and math, I am very interested in physics.
  21. I'm 5' 0" tall.
  22. I want to run a marathon
  23. I want to thru-hike the appalacian trail
  24. I want to read everything C S Lewis ever wrote.
  25. I moved to PA in October 2004
  26. I love animals
  27. Molly, my dog, is my best friend
  28. I don't watch TV
  29. I'd rather read a book than go to a movie
  30. I am thrilled to be a part of a knitting circle
  31. I love my job at Barnes & Noble
  32. I don't like to shave my legs.
  33. I hate Bras.
  34. I've never attended a High School Reunion
  35. I'd like to attend a High School Reunion to see what people are like now and what they are doing.
  36. The price of gas is killing me
  37. I'd like to restore an old VW Camper Bus
  38. I'd like to travel the USA in a restored VW Camper Bus
  39. I want to become an accomplished pianist.
  40. I've found it easy to make friends in PA.


No comments: